Tuesday, June 26, 2012

June 26, 2012

I know, I know, it's been a gazillion years since I last checked in with my 1 reader LOL. A lot has been happening. I have been feeling better and better every day and mom says that I am a very good boy now. We moved to a new stable that has a LOT of kids, and it looks to me like those kids all work at the barn. They are always feeding us, turning us out and giving us a lot of attention. They even measured me all sorts of ways when I first arrived. I now know that I am exactly 15 hands (whatever that means) and just over 800 pounds.

Mom has been busy so I've had a lot of time to settle in and get to know everyone. I am loving all of the attention I get and I hear rumor that I am becoming a favorite among the kids because they think I am so sweet and easy to handle. I also have a new lil filly that I have been trying to spark the interest of. Her name is Sparkles and she is a lovely little red roan paint. She ignores me no matter how I try to get her attention but I know one day she will finally notice the Cin Man!!

I have had one catastrophe though. I was playing my ABSOLUTE favorite game in my stall, (run toward the fence as fast as you can and see how close you can get before you spin around) and I didn't compensate for the mud and slid into the side of my shelter and caught my foot. It hurt really bad and bled a LOT. Mom says it looks like a few chickens were slaughtered in my run. Anyway, the doctor had to come out and he gave me some wonderful drugs to make me sleepy and forget everything. When I woke up I had a big bulky thing on my foot.

Mom doesn't ride me anymore so I guess it is really really bad. They won't even let me go back to my stall, I have to stay in one of the little barn stalls and she only takes me out to feed me peppermints, groom me, and mess with my foot. I am so bored and I really wish I could go to my turnout and play. But I have been getting a lot of extra hay lately so I don't think of it too much. I do hope this doesn't last forever, I miss getting out in the sun. Mom has even been riding another horse. I know I should be jealous, but it's so hot that I rather think it's better HIM than ME being ridden in the heat.


No comments:

Post a Comment